Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they

Characters:

Petra T. Hampton-Powers
Ursula Townsend
GHOST-1
"Kafka"
@Buscemi is released from containment after our security company accidentally smudged the blood seal on the floor surrounding their chamber. They have since been unwillingly conscripted to write metaphysical esoterica while we construct a new prison at an undisclosed location.

Cindy

the snail inside your ear
Site Administrator
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they

Characters:

Petra T. Hampton-Powers
Ursula Townsend
GHOST-1
"Kafka"
@AlbinoGlowStick ascends to his rightful place on the throne as Emperor of Rebels. Long may he reign.

Cindy

Site Administrator
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they

Characters:

Petra T. Hampton-Powers
Ursula Townsend
GHOST-1
"Kafka"
taking a breather to focus on some things IRL

redirect any inquiries to the rest of the team unless itโ€™s absolutely something that needs specificly my attention

:fiend:

Sinclair

The Shaman
Hazardous Environment Supervisor
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
should of made a post sooner cause i already have been, but ill be on reduced activity for awhile. currently in a big transition in my next stage of my life and preparing for it tends to make me emotionally and mentally exhausted. will still be available for things here and there tho.

Cindy

Site Administrator
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they

Characters:

Petra T. Hampton-Powers
Ursula Townsend
GHOST-1
"Kafka"
mE2jsqs.png

@Owain6521 to admin

blooregardo

ball so hard they thought I was a fucking nutsack
Hazardous Environment Supervisor
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him

Characters:

Randall Fieldman, Jeremy Winch, FANG-4, Valued Cardholder
taking a break, but I want you to read this before you allow yourself to feel disheartened or take it as some sign of the end times. it's not.

as someone who spent a couple years being a teacher, I had to learn to keep an eye out for signs of burnout because it's a very burnout-prone profession. lately, my burnout radar has been pinging. after the setup and switch to the outlands, I've started to see those signs in my work with this community, which pisses me off because I was really looking forward to outlands rp, and because im still very passionate about the story we've been working so hard to tell.

all the same I bit off more than I could chew and I'm looking back and realizing that the majority of my free time in the past month has been spent with garry's mod running, and in the last few days I've been dreading loading up the game or having conversations with players and other admins about balance, mechanics, upcoming story beats, etc. For a hobby it's starting to feel like work, and it's not feeling fulfilling.

there are other games I've been wanting to catch up on, and I have more hobbies than just games. I have friends and family I've been neglecting. I haven't made any progress on my novel (did I mention I'm writing a novel? most people I show my progress to seem to really like it, you might too!) in weeks. I'm gonna take a few weeks off and focus on not only those things, but also work out how to strike a balance when I do come back.

I'm not officially marking it as an LOA, but instead reduced activity, because I've set up a few too many loose ends story wise and I'd feel irresponsible offloading that on someone else, but what little GVSF stuff I do in the next couple weeks will mostly be behind the scenes.

I know it's probably a little discouraging to see most of the team with asterisks next to their name, but remember that 'tis the season for finals, seasonal affective disorder, and holiday overtime. Everyone on that roster is just as passionate about telling this story as you are and will be back. Meanwhile, some players are taking it upon themselves to go above and beyond and you should really find the time to join them on the server if you feel up for it.

love y'all

Cindy

Site Administrator
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they

Characters:

Petra T. Hampton-Powers
Ursula Townsend
GHOST-1
"Kafka"
i put in my resignation from the LOA club and sign up for the not-LOA club

:wakeup:

i have returned

Cindy

Site Administrator
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they

Characters:

Petra T. Hampton-Powers
Ursula Townsend
GHOST-1
"Kafka"
@Brotigaunt has been given their green card after several months of being held up by immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back